The bayonet, a blade attached to the end of a musket rifle, was an important weapon during the American Revolutionary War. Muskets were not very accurate, often leading to hand-to-hand combat. It is estimated that the bayonet led to 1/3 of the fatalities in the American Revolution.
- 1 1/2 ounces citron vodka
- 3/4 ounce blue curacao
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 5 ounces lemon-lime soda
- Maraschino cherry, to garnish
- Shake the citron vodka, blue curacao and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into an ice-filled glass.
- Add the lemon-lime soda and gently stir.
- Garnish with the maraschino cherry, and serve.