New Orleans Buck
New Orleans Buck Recipe
As part of the Louisiana Purchase, the city of New Orleans was purchased by the United States from France in 1803. The total area of the agreement covered 828,000 square miles with a total price of $15 million, or $0.04 per acre.
- 1 1/2 ounces light rum
- 1 1/2 ounces orange juice
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 4 ounces ginger ale
- Lemon wedge, to garnish
- Shake the light rum, orange juice and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into an ice-filled highball or Collins glass.
- Slowly add the ginger ale, and gently stir.
- Garnish with the lemon wedge, and serve.