Bloody Mary Recipe
Mary I was the Queen of England and Ireland from 1553 to 1558. She became known by her adversaries as ‘Bloody Mary’ for her executions of Protestants in an attempt to restore England and Ireland to Roman Catholicism. During her reign, it was reported that she burned 280 religious protestors at the stake.
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces tomato juice
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- Celery stalk with leaves, to garnish
- Lime wedge, to garnish
- Shake the vodka, tomato juice, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and the Tabasco sauce in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into an ice-filled highball or Collins glass.
- Garnish with the celery stalk and lime wedge; and serve.