Piña Colada Recipe
In the early 1800s, Puerto Rican pirate Roberto Cofresí was said to have used a cocktail that was a blend of rum, coconut milk and pineapple juice to improve his crew’s morale. It is this combination that is now known as the Piña Colada.
- 1 1/2 ounces light rum
- 1 1/2 ounces cream of coconut
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- Maraschino cherry, to garnish
- Pineapple slices, to garnish
- Shake the light rum, cream of coconut and pineapple juice in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into an ice-filled glass.
- Garnish with the maraschino cherry and pineapple slices, and serve.