Chambord Gin Fizz
Chambord Gin Fizz Recipe
Just prior to the breakout of World War II, artworks from the Louvre and Compiègne, including the Mona Lisa, were hidden at the Château de Chambord in France. The palace was built in the 1500s and took 28 years to complete. It has 426 rooms, 77 staircases and 282 fireplaces.
- 1 ounce gin
- 1 1/2 ounces Chambord
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon simple syrup
- 1 egg white
- 2 ounces club soda
- Lemon wheel, to garnish
- Shake the gin, Chambord, lemon juice, simple syrup and egg white in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into an ice-filled highball glass.
- Add the club soda, and stir gently.
- Garnish with the lemon wheel, and serve.