Strawberry Basil Margarita
Strawberry Basil Margarita Recipe
In the Greek Orthodox Church, it is believed that basil was found growing on the original cross of Christ when it was discovered by St. Helena. The word basil comes from the Greek, meaning “king”.
- Lime Wedge
- 1 tablespoon Coarse salt, to rim glass
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- 3-4 Strawberries
- 3-4 basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- Rub the rim of a margarita glass with the lime wedge.
- Apply the salt by gently rolling the rim of the margarita glass in the coarse salt.
- Muddle the tequila, Cointreau, strawberries, basil, lime juice, lemon juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour the contents of the shaker into the prepared margarita glass.
- Garnish with the lime wedge, strawberry, basil leaf, and serve.