Christmas Green Dream
Christmas Green Dream Recipe
Edward H. Johnson is known as the father of electric Christmas tree lights. Johnson was an inventor and business associate of Thomas Edison and is credited with the first known electrically illuminated Christmas tree, lit at his New York City home on December 22, 1882. The light bulbs were specially made for Johnson, hand-wired with 80 red, white, and blue bulbs.
- 1 1/2 ounces green crème de menthe
- 1/2 ounce white crème de cacao
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- Maraschino cherries, to garnish
- Shake the green crème de menthe, white crème de cacao and heavy cream in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into an ice-filled, old-fashioned glass.
- Garnish with the maraschino cherries, and serve.